Escape for a weekend and learn all you need to become independent on the river as a fly-fisher. Learn casting techniques, fishing language and develop a strong foundation to get you started in a sport that brings enjoyment, new friends and time in the outdoors. This school is for the beginner or if you have taken a basic course and havenít had the opportunity to fish yet, this is the perfect review to get you on the river. Instruction Lynda McLennan.
Available Class Dates
- How do I get started?
- What equipment do I need?
- How does all this equipment work together? (Connecting: Lines, Leaders, Tippet Material, Knots, Flies)
- Learning to cast: Basic casting stroke, Line control, Single Haul, Accuracy, Mending, Reach Cast, Shooting Line, Retrieving Line, Roll Cast
- Basic fly fishing terminology
- What flies do I use and how? Dry, Nymph, Streamer
- Where are the fish? Reading water
- A 1/2 Day at the River or Pond
More details to come